A minimal, functional theme for running a paid-membership publication on Ghost - originally created by @pjrvs and @jackellis, acquired and stewarded by @tryghost in 2020. Now available for free, for everyone!
- Download this theme
- Log into Ghost, and go to the
Designsettings area to upload the zip file
- Unzip the theme archive on your computer and locate the file called
- Inside Ghost admin, go to the
Labssettings area and scroll down until you see the
- Upload the
routes.yamlfrom this theme
That's it! You now have a Ghost publication which supports free and paid memberships. If you need help, check out the Ghost members documentation or chat with other Ghost users on Ghost forum.
Styles are compiled using Gulp/PostCSS to polyfill future CSS spec. You'll need Node, Yarn and Gulp installed globally. After that, from the theme's root directory:
# Installyarn # Run build & watch for changes$ yarn dev
Now you can edit
/assets/css/ files, which will be compiled to
zip Gulp task packages the theme files into
dist/<theme-name>.zip, which you can then upload to your site.
PostCSS Features Used
- Autoprefixer - Don't worry about writing browser prefixes of any kind, it's all done automatically with support for the latest 2 major versions of every browser.
- Variables - Simple pure CSS variables
- Color Function